Adult Wander & Elopement
Protecting adult patients at risk of flight or discharge against medical advice in Emergency and other departments. Protecting the physical safety of patients in busy hospital settings is not an easy task. A security system that offers a reliable method to protect against patient flight, wandering and abduction.
Whether in the emergency department, rehabilitation unit, or mental health area, hospitals need to protect patients who are in danger to themselves or to others. The system is the only product specifically designed to provide individual protection to flight-risk patients, without interrupting workflow. Staff can concentrate on patient care.
The CenTrak Security Solution is a truly “secure” Patient Security System offering multiple layers of security while remaining patient friendly and easy to use. With its state-of-the-art technology, the CenTrak Patient Security System utilizes the industry-leading CenTrak Real-Time-Location-System (RTLS) platform, augmented with additional security devices to create a solid Security Solution Platform. Designed to protect patients of all ages, this security solution can leverage RTLS to provide immediate room level patient-tracking abilities to ensure patient visibility and to keep security at its highest. By installing this system, your facility will have laid the cornerstone of its physical and electronic patient security system that can be expanded to protect other patients as needed.
Using different patient tags, CenTrak Wander Management can offer a wide variety of options and enhancements that can be customized to meet the specific needs and requirements of the facility. Options include:
- Perimeter Protection - alerts staff when patients try to exit the facility (no patient location)
- Zonal & Tamper Protection - locates patients within the unit, notifies staff when tags are tampered with, removed, or are not working properly, and when patients are at an exit trying to leave
- Clinical Grade Location - in addition to Zonal & Tamper Protection, patients can be located to room level
- Not dependent on performance or configuration of Hospital's Wi-Fi system
- EXIT - lock exits, disable access control, alarm
- TAMPER- alarm if band is cut or removed
- SUPERVISION - alarm if tag is not working or shielded by metal
- DISCREET ROOM LOCATION - respond to alarms quicker; monitor patients in Real Time
- Secure Tag - banded tag with tamper proof, pre-cut bands
- Non-tamper tag - banded tag with tamper resistant, pre-cut bands
- No tag activation or testing devices needed
- Transport and Transfer with auto return feature
- Intuitive user interface with web access
- Clear alarm annunciation with unit floor plans to indicate type and level of alarm and patient location
- Room level location of staff with optional badge
- Fully Supervised System
- Locate tagged patients or staff anywhere within the protected unit
- Potential to locate outside the protected unit with additional (or existing) CenTrak infrastructure deployment