With medicine transitioning webside, it is critical to have equipment allowing clinicians to converse visually and technically with patients in real time. Finding cost effective technological solutions designed to assist in properly diagnosing patients is a new frontier facing facilities and clinicians. This type care is quickly gaining acceptance with patients, insurance companies and government agencies.
Understanding the technology call and making a smart investment from the onset is important. Asking questions to assist in selecting the right investment in Telehealth equipment sounds like:
- What are the primary use cases for Telehealth?
- What is the current work flow for this type of care?
- How will the telehealth call be transmitted? Video connection? Camera capability?
- Are additional Wi-Fi resources needed for effective video transmissions?
- What is the audio capability of the equipment?
- How will the system allow physicians to collaborate with each other on diagnosis?
- What additional equipment will be needed on the telehealth carts?
- Wireless body analysis scale
- Wireless blood pressure cuff
- Pulse oximeter
- Iris Scope
- What is the warranty on the various components?
- What additional service contract will be needed to insure proper maintenance of the electronic components?