Compliance with Infection Prevention - Antimicrobial
Hospital workers are very concerned about having the necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) available at their fingertips!
Mask – check, gown – check, gloves – check, goggles – check, etc.
What about the Supply Cart?
There is no better time than the present to be prepared to control the spread of infection than with a supply cart that has antimicrobial properties built into the materials it is made from. This has never been more important than with the spread of Covid-19.
Consider all the surfaces you encounter during a busy day in the hospital. A medical supply cart can be one of the most highly touched and infected surfaces you come in contact with. If you are continually wiping these surfaces down and they are not fluid resistant, e.g. wood, these surfaces can break down, and absorb fluids, which is not acceptable in a healthcare setting.
Innovative Medical Systems is always looking for the best products for use in the hospital, and our cart manufacturer has brought us an Antimicrobial Polymer.
Antimicrobial Polymer is a very strong, color-through material with antimicrobial properties built into the material. It is easy to clean, and stands up to all hospital cleaning chemicals, except for 100% bleach. This polymer is FDA-approved and LEED qualified!
Antimicrobial Polymer material can be made into any configuration of cart or cabinet you may need, as IMS offers standard configurations and specializes in cost-effectively tailoring these or custom-designed cart solutions to minimize or eliminate error-prone ‘work arounds’ and potential staff/patient hazards as well as integrating with LDR(P) room design or hospital décor.
Call IMS at 1-800-968-3135 and ask for me (Lynda) or e-mail me I would be happy to discuss your cart needs with you!
Labor and Delivery focused carts that support the mixed demands of equipment and aesthetics.
The labor and delivery environment is expected to “look like home” as much as it’s expected to manage the ever-growing technology. Cartstrong is committed to designing and producing such solutions that perform reliably against the demands of the 24/7/365 healthcare ecosystem. Custom designed to enhance your workflow to minimize or eliminate work arounds.
- Exclusive Antimicrobial Material protects against surface stains and odor causing bacteria, algae and fungi.
- Scratch resistant, color-through enhances aesthetics and infection control.
- Easy to clean
- Tested to withstand healthcare germicidal solutions
- Extended 8 Year Warranty
- Germicidal Solutions: tested against common wipes & solutions.
- Solid Color-through Finish: Scratch resistant, will not delaminate, rot, chip or swell.
- Spill Guard Tops: available to contain minor spills.
- Premium Dual Casters: designed to minimize lint & hair accumulation, roll smoothly.
Ease of Use and Mobility
- 5” diameter Premium Casters: for ease of rolling, even on carpeted hallways.
- Locking Casters: (2) standard; optional directional (steering) caster available.
- Detents in Drawer & Slide-Outs: to keep ‘closed’ when cart is in motion.
- Ergonomic-Height: handles on Bassinet and keyboard tray on Fetal Monitor Cart for majority population.
- Designed and built for 24/7/365 demands of the acute healthcare environment.
- Premium heavy-duty drawer slides with full extension to reach back of drawers.
- Bumper molding around cart base helps protect the cart, walls and other equipment.
- 8-Year Warranty: Standard