A recent call to a company resulted in getting disconnected after a couple transfers to find the right department. This happened after being on hold for 20 minutes. To say it was frustrating was an understatement! I am sure you can probably recall a customer service horror story. Was it with an ineffective website, a poor phone system, or was it a personal interaction? When one gets poor customer service, it is frustrating. Why has the art of customer service taken a back seat at so many companies?
Good customer service is not only about giving the customer what they want, but also about understanding your customer, listening, being empathetic and knowledgeable on how you can help them. At IMS, we pride ourselves with a level of Customer Service that we would want to receive and this is what we offer to customers and prospective customers. It is important that we exceed expectations with every opportunity. We realize you have a choice of who you do business with and we do not take this for granted.
What should one expect from IMS Customer Service:
- Attention to details: We ask questions, so we understand exactly what you need and the best way to assist you.
- Integrity: When we provide project quotes to our customers it is not simply to sell something. We will evaluate your need and recommend the right solution for you. We take your trust in us very seriously and want to make sure we are addressing your needs.
- Personal connection: We have live operators that answer the phone during normal business hours so we don’t send you through a complicated phone tree.
- Technical Support staff available, 24/7/365: We understand your emergency does not always happen 8 AM-5 PM, Mon-Fri, but when you call IMS this is what customers can expect.
- We have technicians in the office Monday – Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM.
- When customers call, they are greeted by someone in Customer Service, who will ask them what hospital they are from and then they are transferred to Technical Support.
- When the call is transferred to Technical Support, we are aware of what hospital the caller is from which allows us to pull up information and be ready to help.
- If customers call IMS outside of normal business hours, they will get an announcement that our office is closed, but if their call is an emergency that requires immediate attention, they will be given instructions to leave a voicemail that will be immediately transferred to a technician. When leaving a message after hours, we ask that the following information be given:
- Make sure to talk slow and clear so that we can get all your information accurately
- Leave your full name
- Tell us what hospital you are with - since we provide support to many hospitals we ask you to be specific and not just say “Hi, I’m nurse Smith from St Joe” as we have many hospitals that share that same name.
- A brief description of the problem
- A call back number that includes the area code. This is very important as we provide support for 14 different states and need to know where the customer is located. By having this information, we can look up the system information and be much better prepared to help.
- Information on the website: If you cannot find what you are looking for on our website, please let us know. We are often adding new solutions and services and are always looking for ways to improve and want to make sure it is relevant.
- Training materials and Patient Security demo software can be found on the IMS website 24/7.
It’s our pleasure to serve you. However, don’t take our word for it, we have a host of satisfied customers who have taken the time to share their experiences with IMS and we invite you to take a look at what they have to say. We look forward to the opportunity to work with you.