Infant Security (HUGS)
The Hugs® infant security system delivers an unprecedented level of security against infant abduction and requires little administration and training. As the world's fastest-selling infant protection system, the Hugs system offers the reliability that one can depend on every day to keep infants safe. It's a choice leading hospitals have made and a choice parents, nurses, administrators and security staff wholly support.
- Tag attaches in seconds and is automatically enrolled in the software. Protection can start right in the delivery room.
- System requires no manual checks of infant tags or other devices to make sure they’re working.
- Software continually monitors status of all devices, and will generate an alarm if something goes wrong.
The Hugs system offers a wide range of viewing options for the clinicians:
- System users only see the menus and commands they need, in a standard Windows-based PC environment.
- The integrated CCTV option enables viewing at an exit during a door alarm, from within the Hugs user interface. Having the essential information needed to respond appropriately is an advantage for the hospital.
A Hugs system ensures full supervision of all components, including the tag. Each tag sends a Heartbeat® status message every 10 seconds. If the system doesn’t receive these messages for a specified time period, an alarm is automatically generated.
Automatic Mother/Infant Matching
With the Kisses® option, the Hugs system automatically confirms that the right baby is with the right mother. With the Kisses mother infant security component, you have an easy, effective and electronic enhancement to manual band-matching systems.
Here's how it works:
- Each mother wears a small, comfortable Kisses tag. It is bonded with her infant's Hugs tag at birth and for the duration of their hospital stay.
- Nurses are immediately alerted of a mismatch with an audible indicator, and a match is confirmed if the infant and mother have been away from each other for a period of time.
Kisses Mother/Infant Matching features:
- Automatic and audible match indication
- Works anywhere in the area protected by the Hugs system
- Patient-friendly mother tag attaches with standard hospital band
- Reuse any Hugs tag with any Kisses tag for easier tag management
- Supports multiple births
- No extra administrative burden-no buttons to press, no numbers to match, and no wall- mounted lights to check